What is the special Care I need to take at home, Once I receive my Mangoes?
Yes, you need to handle Alphonso Mango Consignment, which you have received from Alphonsomango.in as it has come from the transportation cycle, which might be of some hours or some days as per your delivery location once you receive.
We usually pack Semi ripe / Partially ripe Alphonso Mangoes when we do packing for you, which means mangoes may be still in greenish when you receive Alphonso Mangoes at your home.
- Do not cut the Alphonso Mangoes immediately when you receive first unpack the whole mango box. Keep it under fan not in AC room sort Mangoes as per the color if you see the mangoes, which are slightly yellowish, then keep it in the upper section of the box. Dark greenish or greenish in the lower part of the box.
- Mangoes with yellowish shade, which might be a little softer with a sweet smell, are near to ripe. It might be ready to eat first cut one mango just to get the hands-on experience, which will be yellowish and sweet smell if you taste sour cover the mangoes with paper or paper bag if you need it to ripen fast. If you cut Alphonso Mango before it is ripe or before time, they will taste sour and sweet.
- There are lots of methods on how to ripen mango at home.
Ripen mango in a paper bag
If you feel that tomorrow morning you need more quantity of alphonso mango to eat and your baccha party (Kids) want urgently, Then there is a traditional way to speed up the ripening process of Alphonso Mangoes at home. Put alphonso mango in a paper bag or wrap with the newspaper or any paper.
Now you will remember that this trick used for ripening chicku, custard apple (Sitafal), or other fruits at home. The same method works on Alphonso Mangoes too. You can keep it in paper bag or newspaper or paper collection at your kitchen desk overnight, and you will find ripeness of the Alphonso mangoes in the morning.
Mangoes packed in paper bags or newspapers will release self ethylene gas as a mango ripening process. Ethylene gas is an internal gas generated mangoes itself once it is covered, and you will find the Tasty yellowish ripe Alphonso Mangoes in the morning.
Grand Mother Way at home
The easy traditional way to ripen mango other than grass haystack is to keep the mango in bowl or jar of uncooked wheat, rice, corn, bajari, millets. Where in you need to hide Mango with this grain in pot or pan.
This traditional process traps the self ethylene gas around the mango, which helps it ripen fast than in grass haystack. You will remember this is an old granny or our mother’s technique to ripen Alphonso Mangoes at home within a day.
Alphonsomango.in way to ripen Alphonso Mango
Once you receive Alphonso Mangoes box from Alphonsomango.in, don’t throw the box. Just keep on arranging and rearranging Alphonso Mangoes. As per their color and smell of Alphonso mangoes, also by pressing whether it is hard then put it at the bottom, if it bit softer, then put it in the top slot. Due to the ventilated five-ply cardboard box by Alphonsomango.in which will keep on the movement of air from the mangoes
Lazy Way ripens mango in oven or ripening mangoes in the microwave.
You may be in too hurry, and you could not wait after seeing the Alphonso Mangoes in the dream or delivery duration might have tempted you to eat Alphonso Mangoes immediately. If not satisfied by the above hacks for ripening, just poke with a knife to Alphonso Mango for 6 to 7 pokes (the local language it called Tocha). Now cover with a small hand towel, which is always available in our kitchen to help Alphonso Mango to pass and escape steam from Alphonso. Place it in a Microwave oven for 10 seconds now check by pressing whether it is soft now or cut a small piece and taste. If still, it is not ripe, then just put again in the microwave for 5 to 10 seconds and check now.
Warning: Alphonsomango.in strictly ripen mango in the oven as it may not taste as good as it is
- It is a Humble request from the Alphonsomango.in team. Don’t put your ripe mangoes in the fridge. For a long time, if you keep them in the grass or room temperature, avoid placing a stack or pile of mango in Air-conditioned rooms. As Alphonso is a bundle of taste, aroma, minerals, calcium, vitamins, once you keep it in the fridge, it starts to lose its moisture as you might be aware it is a summer fruit means it starts from February to June. Thus it is not appropriate for colder climatic conditions; it is not like an apple or other fruits that are available across the year. Even Aamras can preserve with freezing. It can stay for a year until the aamras tin is open. Alphonso Mango, if stored in the fridge, you lose not only moisture of the mango but the great heavenly taste. Yes, you can keep the Alphonso Mango in the refrigerator once you are ready to cut the mango that is 1 hour earlier to enjoy the more heavenly taste or with other mango recipes.
- The above methods may help you but still repeat and conclude to identify ripe mango do the following steps.
- Ripe mangos feel soft when given a gentle press by your two fingers. Don’t press hard it might get damaged.
- There will be sweet and fragrant scent exhale from the stem side of the Alphonso Mangoes Alphonsomango.in Alphonso Mangoes are always with stem, just take it toward your nose and just smell it if you get sweet aromatic, heavenly ripe mango smell it is mature, and it is a bit softer to touch.
If your mango is rock hard when you lightly squeeze it, don’t press like Darasingh or any wrestler give a gentle and feminine press so that you don’t damage the Alphonso Mango Fruit. The hardness of Alphonso Mango concludes you it is not ripe yet. Let hard fruit to stay the grass hay or pile (in local Marathi language it is called as Aadhi - आढी ) at room temperature until it is ripe soft with heavenly smell and taste.