Mango for weight gain
India is a country with a population of 130 crores. Around 90 million of these are health-conscious.
Around 5% of the Indians are overweight.
Mangoes for Gaining Weight
Mango is the national fruit of India. Although it is a fruit, you can find it in the form of mango pulp all year round.
Most first-world countries face the problem of obesity, but India faces the problem of malnutrition.
India has a large number of people who are underweight. Weight problems are connected to poor health.
Who is underweight?
Ideas such as overweight and underweight are decided by the body mass index (BMI).
An underweight person has a BMI lesser than 18.5. A low BMI is associated with poor quality of life and health.
Thus, it is important for those who are underweight to gain some kgs. Some people wish to gain weight even in the absence of any medical need.
Some people have a very skinny body but are still as healthy.
Being underweight according to the BMI index doesn't mean that you have bad health.
In India, there seems to be a larger number of skinny women than men. There are two times the skinny women than men.
Thus, Indian women need to increase their calorie intake.
Side effects of being underweight
Being underweight doesn't mean that you will have specific health problems. But you may be at high risk of problems like:
- Vitamin deficiency.
- Weak bones.
- Fertility issues.
- Weak immune system.
- Developmental issues.
- Sarcopenia: age-related muscle loss.
- High risk of memory loss, dementia, and problems related to language, problem-solving.
Why are people underweight?
There are many reasons why people are underweight.
- Genes: sometimes low weight runs in the family. The genes of the person make them skinny.
- Anorexia nervosa: it is an eating disorder in which the person has a skewed body image and fear of gaining weight.
- Hyperthyroidism: this condition boosts metabolism to a point where the body starts losing weight unhealthily.
- Celiac disease or gluten intolerance: it is an immune reaction to gluten. Most of the people with this disease don't know that they are suffering from it.
- Diabetes, mainly type-1 uncontrolled diabetes, leads to severe weight loss.
- Cancerous tumors usually burn a significant number of calories, which may make one lose a large amount of weight.
- Various infections can cause someone to lose weight severely and become underweight.
- Due to multiple parasitic diseases like HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis.
Weight gain and mango.
There are lots of ways you can gain weight to get healthy. It is vital to eat healthy foods and live a healthy lifestyle.
When you gain weight, you should make sure that the source of weight gain is natural.
- Increase the frequency of meals. Consume more than six to seven meals a day. Your meals need not be heavy.
- Exercise, yoga helps to make your body strong and gain muscle. It also increases hunger.
- Eat mangoes: Mango can make you gain weight. Mangoes are fat-free. It is rich in fibre. Thus, it keeps your weighing scale and guts happy! Mangoes are rich in vitamins.
- Choose nutrient-rich food: You need to skip junk food. You should eat nutrient-filled food such as cereals, fruits, vegetables, dairy products, nuts, lentils, pulses, and seeds.
- Every bite counts. Snack on quinoa, cashews, almonds, peanut butter, sliced vegetables and fruits, lean meat, and cheese.
- Toppings: Add extra toppings to make your meals more healthy. Top your eggs with cheese, or cereal with nuts.
- Don't eat excessive fat and sugar. Choose healthy ways of putting on kgs. Choose natural sugar over additives.
Mango for Weight Gain
Most of the people from Konkan, just like us, aren't really underweight.
We grew up eating plenty of mango and mango products, and even other fruits of summer, which aid weight gain.
We know that the King of fruits is packed with health benefits.
The delicious taste of aam makes it to the best of all fruits. It is a salt-free fruit with a Glycemic Index of 51.
Hence, even those with diabetes can have this fruit without any guilt.
It is a tasty store of minerals and vitamins which you cannot resist.
To gain weight, eat fresh Alphonso mango with peanuts, cashew nuts, almonds, and hazelnuts.
These deserts help consume more calories than a planned meal. These deserts also serve your sweet tooth.
A medium-sized aam flesh weighs approximately 150 grams to 165 grams after removing skin and seeds.
These calories leads to weight gain.
One cup of mango contains:
- Calories: 103
- Carbs: 28 grams
- Protein: 1.6 grams
- Fat: 0.68 grams
- Fiber: 3.4 grams
- Vitamin C: 68% of the DV
- Folate: 19% of the DV
Also, it is an excellent source of Vitamin C and Vitamin B, A, and E, zinc, copper, beta carotene, and other minerals and vitamins.
Weight Gain Recipes
There are many recipes on the internet for weight gain.
We present to you a collection of the finest recipes.
Homemade Protein Shakes and smoothies
Drinking homemade smoothies will always be beneficial for your health.
Making your smoothies is always a better idea as the ones made in restaurants is filled with sugar and lacks all the nutrients.
It gives you complete control over the flavor and nutrients.
All these shakes and smoothies are healthy. You can prepare them with coconut milk, cashew nut milk, almond milk, or walnut milk, all protein abundant like mangoes.
Homemade Mango Recipes for Weight Gain
You can Buy Amba Poli Online for Weight Gain Know how to make it over here.
Each body is special. Each body is different. What works for one may not work for others.
We presented our ideas in this article. We'd advise you to consult your doctor before you begin with any regime.