Crimson Raisins: Crimson Beauty!
You get Crimson raisins when you dry seedless grapes and treat them with sulfur dioxide. These raisins were first developed in Fresno, California, and released in 1989.
Crimson raisins are cylindrical to oval, have a medium thickness, and have firm, crisp skin. Crimson raisins have a delicious, sweet flavor.
The following are some key characteristics of Crimson raisins:
- Shelf life: Crimson raisins have a shelf life of 12 months.
- Storage: Store your Crimson raisins in a cold, dry place, preferably around 10 degrees Celsius or lesser.
- Organic status: Sulfur dioxide is sprayed on grapes to retain their crimson red-yellow hue. Therefore, these raisins aren't organic. However, the Crimson grapes used to make the raisins are naturally grown.
- Gluten: Crimson raisins are gluten-free. Even the raw material used in the making of Crimson raisins is gluten-free.
100 grams of Crimson raisins contain:
- Water/Moisture:15.43 g
- Calories:299 kcal
- Protein:3.07 g
- Fat (Total Lipid): 0.46 g
- Carbohydrate:79.18 g
- Total Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g
- Total Sugars:59.19 g
- Calcium :50 mg
- Iron:1.88 mg
- Magnesium :32 mg
- Potassium :749 mg
- Phosphorus:101 mg
- Zinc :0.22 mg
- Vitamin :C 2.3 mg
- Sodium :11 mg
- Thiamin :0.106 mg
- Niacin :0.766 mg
- Vitamin B-6: 0.174 mg
- Riboflavin :0.125 mg
- Folate, DFE: 5 mcg
- Vitamin B-12: 0 mcg
- Vitamin A, RAE: 0 mcg
- Vitamin A: IU 0 IU
- Vitamin E:0.12 mg
- Vitamin D (D2 + D3): 0 mcg
- Vitamin D :0 IU
- Vitamin K:3.5 mcg
- Total Saturated Fat: 0.058 g
- Total Trans Fat :0 mg
- Total Polyunsaturated:0.037 g
- Total Monounsaturated Fat: 0.051 g
- Cholesterol :0 g
- Caffeine :0 mg
Health Benefits of Crimson raisins
Raisins are an effective, high fiber, low-calorie alternative to sugar. These characteristics help in lowering cholesterol levels. Thus, Crimson raisins are healthy for your heart.
Crimson raisins contain polyphenolic phytonutrients, which aid vision.
The carotenoids and Vitamin A present in Crimson raisins slow down aging-related retinal damage.
The free radical present in our body predisposes us to cancer. Raisins are packed with antioxidants which help in keeping cancer at bay.
Also, raisins effectively lower blood pressure levels, thereby regulating hypertension.
Crimson raisins are an excellent addition to your diet. Incorporating them is a piece of cake!
You can add them to your breakfast cereal, cakes, shakes, smoothies, desserts, or even more! You can even replace your candy with Crimson raisins.