Pure Kashmiri Mongra Saffron Online
Saffron kesar comes from the dried stigmas of the Crocus Sativus flower.
Also called the saffron plant, it grows in areas with cold winters and long, hot summers.
Buy saffron online
Buy Mongra Saffron
The flower has beautiful purple petals that grow two inches above the ground. This beautiful flower grows once a year for just a week.
Mongra Saffron Lacha | Mogra Saffron
Also, it is 100% natural to extract stigmas, dry them, and pack them. The stigmas are hand-plucked. Thus, it is a labor-intensive process.
Due to these reasons, this spice costs a big buck in the market. Its cost must cover the time and manual labor put into the production process.
Most of the Indian variant of this spice comes from saffron fields of the Pampore area of Kashmir, India. Pampore is also called the Saffron town.
In India, this spice is grown in Kashmir exclusively. It has earned a GI tag, which indicates the region produces the best quality saffron.
It is believed to be the best in the world because of its delicate and subtle textures that give your dishes a smell, taste, and deep red hue.
Saffron is from what flower.
The quality of this spice is different for each Grade. These grades are determined by the amount of 3 essential elements: Picrocrocin, Safranal, and Crocin.
These elements bestow the flavor, aroma, and color of the spice. Its levels are tested in a laboratory, and the higher the amount of these elements, the better the quality.
The Kashmiri variant of this spice is of three types: Mongra, Laccha, and Zarda. Mongra saffron is the best quality of this variant.
It is the 100% pure variant that contains only the dark red-colored stigmas of the saffron flower. Kashmiri mongra saffron has a robust flavor, aroma, and color.
It comprises broken red blossom stalks known for their top-notch flavor, aroma, and color.
It holds a special spot in Indian kitchens in two forms: powder and oil. It is often used to prepare feasts for worshipping God (bhog or prasad).
The Mogra saffron is undoubtedly the best Indian variant of this spice and one of the most sought-after spices on the planet. The reasons for its ascent are: -
- It is a strong yet natural food dye.
- It adds a unique aroma to the dish.
- It contains nothing but the flower stigma.
- It has full of flavor.
Lacha saffron contains red Saffron strands with a yellowish hint like its taunting tail of Mongra. It has blossom waste as well.
Know the Saffron Synonyms
It is utilized as a food dye and seasoning element in numerous food dishes and is the most used with dry fruits.
This spice is packed with several health benefits. It has an unlimited and vast number of health benefits.
- It is not only delicious but also healthy. Some of its merits include:
- Its paste and oil give facial cleaning and beauty.
- Its oils and pastes can help treat and treat all skin problems, including bite and bite.
- Preparing some essential medicines, cosmetics, and beauty creams is essential.
- It improves mental activity and learning ability.
- It can help lower blood pressure.
- It controls blood cholesterol.
- It is widely utilized in Indian medicine, like Unani, Siddha, and Ayurveda.
- It helps treat toothache.
- It is recommended to treat cancer and heart disease as it has essential antioxidant properties.
- In the Indian tradition expecting mothers add saffron threads to milk, as it has a good effect on their unborn children and gives them a natural glow.
- It improves sexual health by increasing libido and curing infertility.
- It improves memory in those with Alzheimer's' disease.
- It helps to treat insomnia and sleep problems.
- It is often used to treat symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
A shopping guide
Some sellers scam consumers into buying inferior quality at a high price. A few indicators determine the quality of this. However, not many are aware of these indicators.
The following are some things you should know before you buy:
a. Stigma and style.
The purest quality is the one that contains just the stigma of the flower. Including the style of the flower is a common practice.
However, some sellers scam their buyers by adding other flower parts. Make sure the pack you buy contains nothing but the stigma and style of the flower.
b. Picrocrocin, Crocin, and Safranal levels.
Crocin, Safranal, and Picrocrocin determine the color, aroma, and flavor. The levels of these elements determine the quality or the Grade.
The levels of these elements are tested in the laboratory. High levels of these elements are an indicator of better quality. Make sure you enquire about these elements before buying.
Grade 1 A+ Stigmas only. It is also known as 'All Red.'
Grade 2 A It includes the yellow-white style ends of the stigma along with the stigmas.
Grade 3 B It includes the entire style and the stigma, all attached.
This spice is an expensive one whose sale witnesses many malpractices. You can ensure you buy the most authentic and exorbitant quality without being conned or scammed with this information.
Make sure you buy from a trusted seller. Please get in touch with multiple sellers and enquire before buying.
Although costly, this spice has multiple uses. You can use it to make your dish fancy or add extra flavor to a boring glass of milk.
This remarkable spice is a globally acclaimed must-have.