A Delicious and Nutritious Indian Dessert: Anjeer Halwa
Taste of Indian delicacy Anjeer Halwa
It has a sweet and nutty flavour. It is soft and chewy in texture. The ghee gives the halwa a rich and creamy taste. The figs provide the halwa with a sweet and fruity flavour.
How to Make It
It is easy to make. It takes about 30 minutes to make.
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup Dates sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 2 pinch of Kashmiri Saffron for dressing
- Soak the dried figs in water for one hour to two hours.
- Drain the figs and chop them into small pieces.
- Heat the ghee in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the figs to the pan and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the Dates sugar and milk to the pan and cook until the sugar dissolves and the milk thickens.
- Serve the it hot or cold.
Nutrition Comparison Chart with Benefits for Anjeer Halwa
Here is a nutrition comparison chart for this amazing dessert with other popular Indian desserts:
|Nutrient||Anjeer Halwa (100 grams)||Gulab Jamun (100 grams)||Jalebi (100 grams)||
Rasgulla (100 grams)
|Carbohydrates||80 grams||60 grams||70 grams||60 grams|
|Protein||3 grams||1 gram||2 grams||2 grams|
|Fat||10 grams||10 grams||10 grams||10 grams|
|Fiber||5 grams||0 grams||0 grams||0 grams|
|Vitamin C||2% DV||0% DV||0% DV||0% DV|
|Potassium||10% DV||0% DV||0% DV||0% DV|
|Iron||4% DV||0% DV||0% DV||0% DV|
Benefits of Tasty Indian Delicacy Anjeer Halwa
It is a good source of fibre, vitamins, and minerals. It is also a good source of antioxidants. Here are some of the benefits of this:
- Good for digestion: It is a good source of fibre, which is important for digestion. Fibre helps to keep the digestive system healthy and regular.
- Boosts immunity: It is a good source of vitamin C, which is important for the immune system. Vitamin C helps the body to fight off infection.
- Improves bone health: It is a good source of calcium and iron, which are important for bone health. Calcium helps to build and maintain strong bones. Iron helps to carry oxygen to the bones.
- Reduces cholesterol levels: It is a good source of fibre, which can help to lower cholesterol levels. Fibre helps to bind to cholesterol and remove it from the body.
- Protects against cancer: It is a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect against cancer. Antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals, which can damage cells and lead to cancer.
It is a delicious and nutritious Indian dessert made with dried figs, ghee, sugar, and milk. It is a good source of fibre, vitamins, and minerals, and it is also a good source of antioxidants.
It is a good choice for this amazing dessert because it has a high natural sugar content, is a good source of fibre, vitamin C, and potassium, and has a unique flavour that pairs well with the sweetness of figs and the richness of ghee.
It is a healthier option than many other popular Indian desserts because it is lower in sugar and unhealthy fats.