Mango Kulfi Mumbaiwali
Simply irresistible Kulfi post a heavy dinner is like in Hindi Kya baat Hai, if that too it is Mango Kulfi then Waah Kya Baat Hain.
Frozen Indian Dessert
The season of summer is about to come, and do you know what the best part about it is? Mango and lots of Mango!
The freshness and aroma of this seasonal fruit remain in our hearts, even in the offseason as well. We ignite our taste buds with raw mango chutney, mango juice, mango lassi, and many other varieties of the recipe but, why not try something different this summer?
Mango Kulfi Recipe
Yes... it is the best to enjoy the coming summer. One of the most famous Indian desserts is stuffed mango kulfi. It is served after dinner to make your taste buds go sweet. It is made reducing the milk, or you can directly make mango kulfi with condensed milk and add the mango pulp.
How to Make Mango Kulfi
So, here just learn how to make yummiest mango kulfi quickly:
Ingredients of Mango Kulfi
- Milk: 2 Cups
- Condensed Milk: 1/4 Cup
- Fresh Alphonso Mango peeled and cubed
- Or you can use our Alphonso Mango Pulp
- Blanched or soaked Pistachio: 15
- Cardamom powder: 1 large pinch
- Saffron strands: 1 pinch
- Rice flour or Corn starch: 2 teaspoon
- Khoya - Two to three teaspoon or you can even add grounded soaked almonds.
How to Make Mango Kulfi?
- Clean the fresh Alphonso mangoes by soang it in water for 15 minutes. Peel it and make cubes or chunks
- Smash this chunks or cubes into pulp make it easily without any efforts as it is a Hapus Amba
- As an option if you dont have fresh mangoes then you can get Mango pulp in any Indian Stores or you can buy here
- Take a nonstick pan or heavy bottom pan to heat the milk.
- Put a spoon of warm milk in a bowl and add a pinch of saffron stands in it. Let the saffron soak in the milk thoroughly.
- Also, add another spoon of milk in a separate bowl to add corn starch in it. After mixing correctly, keep this aside too.
- Now, for about 5-7 minutes, let the milk heat on the low flame. After that, simply add soaked saffron strands along with condensed milk and stir well so that every ingredient gets mixed well.
- A thick malai in the container will see in the making, so remove it. And, after some time, add it again in the pan.
- Now, add pistachios to a mixie and blend it thoroughly and then add in the milk.
- Also, add cardamom powder in it and let the mixture heat for ten to fifteen minutes more or until the mixture gets thick.
- Add the corn starch into the milk and heat it till you get the thick consistency.
- Put the flame off and remove the pan from the stove.
- Make a mixture of sugar and thick mango pure, and after the milk gets cold on the room temperature, adds the mix of sugar and mango puree in it.
- In the ice-cream or ice pop molds put the mixture and freeze it until it takes the space of the mold.
For Decoration of Kulfi:
Garnish the remaining mango puree on the top of ice cream along with any dry fruit which you want.
Matka Mango Kulfi
With Smae procedure you can make Matka Kulfi also just you need to change moulds and use the Matka instead of this.
When your Matka are new just soak it for 24 hours in a water so that muddy taste will go away and aroma will rise.
Key Points to Note:
- Say yes to use any kind of nonstick pan or heavy bottom pans to avoid the flared bottom.
- Throughout the making, keep the flame low.
- Put the mold in warm water to remove mango kulfi easily.