Mango Kulfi Mumbaiwali
Simply irresistible Kulfi post a heavy meal is like in Hindi Kya Baat Hai, if that too, it is Mango Kulfi, then Waah Kya Baat Hain.
Frozen Indian Dessert
The summer season is about to come, and do you know what the best part about it is? Mango and lots of mango!
The freshness and aroma of this seasonal fruit remain in our hearts, even in the offseason.
We ignite our taste buds with raw mango chutney, mango juice, lassi, and many other varieties, but why not try something different this summer?
Mango Kulfi Recipe
Yes... it is best to enjoy the coming summer. One of the most famous Indian desserts is stuffed mango kulfi.
It is served after dinner to make your taste buds go sweet.
It is made by reducing the milk, or you can directly make mango kulfi with condensed milk and add the mango pulp.
How to Make Mango Kulfi
So, here learn how to make the yummiest mango kulfi quickly:
Ingredients of Mango Kulfi
- Milk: 2 Cups
- Condensed Milk: 1/4 Cup
- Fresh Alphonso Mango peeled and cubed.
- Or you can use our Alphonso Mango Pulp.
- Blanched or soaked Pistachio: 15
- Cardamom powder: 1 large pinch
- Saffron strands: 1 pinch
- Rice flour or Corn starch: 2 teaspoon
- Khoya - Two to three teaspoons, or you can even add grounded, soaked almonds.
How to Make Mango Kulfi?
- Clean the fresh Alphonso mangoes by soaking them in water for 15 minutes. Peel it and make cubes or chunks
- Smash these chunks or cubes into a pulp and make it easily without any effort as it is a Hapus Amba.
- If you don't have fresh mangoes, you can get Mango pulp in any Indian store or buy it here.
- Take a nonstick pan or heavy bottom pan to heat the milk.
- Put a spoon of warm milk in a bowl and add a pinch of saffron strands. Let the saffron soak in the milk thoroughly.
- Also, add another spoon of milk to a separate bowl to add corn starch in it. After mixing correctly, keep this aside too.
- Now, for about 5-7 minutes, let the milk heat on the low flame. After that, add soaked saffron strands and condensed milk and stir well so that every ingredient gets mixed well.
- A thick malai in the container will see in the making, so remove it. And after some time, add it again to the pan.
- Add pistachios to a mixer, blend them thoroughly, and then add in the milk.
- Also, add cardamom powder to it and let the mixture heat for ten to fifteen minutes more or until the mixture gets thick.
- Add the corn starch into the milk and heat it till you get a thick consistency.
- Put the flame off and remove the pan from the stove.
- Make a mixture of sugar and thick mango pure, and after the milk gets cold at room temperature, add the mix of sugar and mango puree.
- In the ice cream or ice pop molds, put the mixture and freeze it until it takes up the mold's space.
For Decoration of Kulfi
Garnish the remaining mango puree on top of the ice cream and any dry fruit you want.
Matka Mango Kulfi
You can make Matka Kulfi; you must change molds and use Matka instead.
When your Matka is new, soak it for 24 hours in water so that the muddy taste will disappear and the aroma will rise.
Key Points to Note:
- Say yes to using any nonstick pan or heavy bottom pans to avoid the flared base.
- Throughout the making, keep the flame low.
- Put the mold in warm water to remove mango kulfi easily.