Aamras, Aamras Recipe
It has a long history in Maharashtra; it is consumed with poori (puri) or chapati. Aam means mango, and ras means Juice of it in Sanskrit.
Famous Marathi dessert or cuisine. Will be prepared nearly in all Maharashtrian homes on Akshay Tritiya. It said that Chaitra starts from here. It should begin with Aamras with puri and Kurdai (traditional Marathi sun-dried papad type recipe).
It has a place of origin as India, associated with most of the Asian sub-continental countries. They are Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand, and some parts of Nepal.
Loved by Marathi, Marwari, Gujarati, Konkani people mostly. The recipe varies as per all of them, Maharashtrian will say it as aamras.
At the same time, Gujarati aamras, Jain, will call Keri no ras, While Marwari will get Aamras with Kesar.
Generally, at our home process, prepared and kept in the fridge for cooling for two to three hours (Nobody can wait actually for so long with ready, but you have to as mummy has a strict watch on what we are doing). Mummy will prepare hot poories and served with poori and mango pulp.
She will fry it and give poori and Aam ras there is nothing else on that meal other than both of these cuisines. You will always feel pampered as an option. You can try hot phulka.
In Maharashtra and Gujarat, if someone is getting married in Summer, you will always find this delicacy with puri as a dessert or one of the busy dishes. You will find lots of people around that counter to have it.
In a simple language, Mango Recipe or Alphonso Mango Aam Ras or mango juice or sweet mango puree in western style with Indian bread or mango pulp, Mango nectar.
You can call it anything, but it is a tasty summer delight and full meal you just have consumed one after another.
Even a diabetic can have it if you sometimes refer to Dr. Rutuja Diwekar or Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhary.
They say those who have diabetes can have one bowl of nostalgic Aamras.
The recipe of Aam ras with us has two options.
In summer, you can order fresh Alphonso Mango from us Online, seating anywhere in the world. Our team will deliver you tasty. Juicy Geographical Indication certified Alphonso mangoes with again, sub-options like
You can choose the size and variety of Alphonso mango you like, preferably if you want to make Aam ras choose medium or smaller ones chopped mango into small pieces discard the seed.
They are tastier for Aam ras. If you are Gujarati, you can add Kesar mango from our range in the aam ras as per your choice.
Always wash ripe mangoes in running water for some time and keep them in the bucket for water for cooling down. It said that once it is followed in a bucket of water, it releases mango's heat in a bucket of water. Let it be in a bucket of water for one to two hours hand peeling. It is like traditionally making this. Don't use frozen mango for this cuisine as pulp become reddish if it is frozen.
Select Alphonso mangoes. Wash and clean under tap water. Do not refrigerate mangoes removes the taste of mango and turns the pulp to brownish.
Since these mangoes are Hapus, this carries very minimal fiber. Peel and chop the Alphonso mangoes. You can use a blender or hand press the mangoes without peeling and make it softer and pulpier for nectar.
As a traditional way, you can try this by cutting at the top of Alphonso mango and start to squeeze it roll it in both hands. Hands peel it and take out ras or nectar by pressing or hand peeling. It gives a chunky texture to this pulp or puree. Hand peeled aam ras will always make you remember your grandmother.
If you require a thinner consistency of Aam ras, then add very little milk and sugar as per taste. You may add little milk cream if you want as per your preference.
Steer well, and the Aam ras is now near ready. You can add Jayphal (Nutmeg). It is optional, but it tastes authentic from Konkan. Add a few saffron strands in it as per taste, with a pinch of Cardamom powder with it.
Now, as a tasty option, you can choose poori (puri) with Aam ras. If you are a health freak, you can try Aam ras with Chapati or Bhakari of Bajari. It tastes very good with Aam ras.
Suppose you had a nostalgic mood either in summer or any season of having Aam Ras. In that case, you could order online sweetened Alphonso Mango Pulp, or Alphonso Mango pulp or hand peeled Alphonso Mango Pulp with us as per choice.
You can add a little bit of water or milk as per your choice to our Alphonso Mango Pulp, which is Aam ras. You can blend this aam ras by adding Saffron strands to taste with Jayphal (Nutmeg) and pinch of Elaichi powder (Cardamom powder).
Our ready mango pulp is the best option with a shelf life of two years in the full can.
You can order Alphonso Mango Pulp Online with us.
Our 100% naturally grown mangoes with three percent of canned sugar
- No additives
- No artificial colors
- No artificial flavors
- No artificial thickeners
- No preservatives
Our team has been used in this product, choosing handpicked mangoes, which ripened naturally. All the mangoes sourced from our Geographical Indication certified Alphonso Mango farms.
This tasty, consistent Alphonso mango pulp is subject to our strict quality control, which hygienically packed into tin cans of 850 grams and 3.1 kg cans. With sanitary systems, our factory process exclusively Alphonso Mango Pulp. No other fruits are allowed in the same.
Tip for Aam Ras
- You can garnish Aam ras with Cashew nuts, Almonds, Saffron strands as per your choice.
- But you can also add dried ginger powder (sounth). Most of my Gujarati friends add more dry ginger powder to it.
- You can blend Alphonso Mango pulp and Payari Mango pulp; it is two to one ratio. You don't need to add any sweetener in this case.
- You can add jaggery or canned sugar if required as per taste.
- It is an irresistible dish, and you cannot stop one or two bowls of this tasty sweet dish; therefore, add dried ginger (Sounth, suntha), which helps you digest.
- Another variation can be made by adding Yoghurt or hung curd or more over milk cream, which would increase the number of variables or choices. Still, it is as per your choice and options.
- Optional, you can add milk or little water in the same as per your choice. Might reduce the consistency of your dish.
- One more variation is by adding saffron milk to the mango pulp. It also gives the best taste.
- Mostly you should have it with poori only. Still, as a variation, you can have it with Bajari ki roti or chapati or mixed grain roti.
- You can add ghee on it and nutmeg powder post this consumption of two to three bowl. You will feel sleepy.
- As a health advice piece, most lean people have these two to three bowls in a whole summer and see how your health develops.
- You can filter this mango pulp through muslin cloth if required to be given to any small baby as the threads in this may irritate a baby. However, Alphonso Mango has very few or minimal fiber threads to be cautious while using Kesar Mango or Payari.
- Can stay in your deep freezer for days altogether a long time.
- You can try adding cardamom powder (elaichi powder), Kalimiri (Black pepper powder), Jayphal (Nutmeg) in mortar and pestle (kielbasa).
- If you make it a little bit in the English style, you can add a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Add sugar depending on mango sweetness. If you use Alphonso Mango plus Payari, then it will be a sweeter option, then check first sweetness and put the sugar or jaggery as per taste.
- You can keep this in small airtight bowls in the freezer for a yearlong, which you can take out any time and consume even if it is offseason.
- You can make aamras from our mango pulp directly.
- As a vegan option, you can add cashew nut milk or almond milk for a taste as optional you can avoid dairy milk in that case.
Now you can have this cuisine anytime with us. Just order online our Alphonso mango Pulp, which is aamras online.
Take step by step photos of your aam ras recipe and do share with us.