Simply Irresistible word Salsa for us in simple words is a Fresh Sauce if added mango with it becomes Mango Sauce or, in simple terms, Mango Salsa, the name salsa has a Spanish origin which is a sauce. In the United States, salsa refers to essential spicy chili tomato sauce preparation, which taken from the cuisine of Mexican.
The salsa recipe originated from South and Central America during the colonial Columbian era by Spanish invaders who came from Europe. Salsa, a Fresh Sauce, Mango Salsa, is a new version of mango sauce by Spanish Invaders, which blended local cultural cuisines with the advantage of local ingredients.
On the other hand, it said that Portugal carried mango from India. Further, it got distributed to Spanish invaders who grow it in the south and central America, Mango was mixed in local cuisine and prepared as Mango Salsa with variations like Mango Chili Salsa.
Mango Salsa Vegan Delight
The season of summer is about to come, and do you know what would be best about it is? Mango and lots of mango! Multiple cuisines and a recipe for mango party in favor of you and your fussy eater kids.
The freshness and aroma of this seasonal mango fruit remain in our hearts, even in the offseason as well. We kindle our taste buds with raw mango lassi, mango chutney, mango juice, mango salsa, and multiple other varieties of the recipe but, why not try something different this summer?
Yes, Mango Salsa is the best to enjoy Mexican cuisine in Indian style the coming summer. One of the best known Mexican cuisines is fresh mango salsa.
It served during lunch or dinner even you can eat this with Nachos, or you can eat with Papad also as Masala Mango Papad to make your taste buds go sweet, spicy, and tangy. It made using ripe mango, onions, spices, and red bell pepper. Gluten-free dish with Low Fat, and mainly it is a complete Vegan dish with tangy delight to your taste buds.
Other Version of this
My kids are so fussy about it they love and can finish a whole bowl in one seating. I make it in a big pot, which lasts for three to four days if refrigerated. It can gel in with multiple Indian dishes like Aloo Chat, Salmon, prawns koliwada, Surmai, Chicken, Barbeque, appetizer, as a chutney.
My kids and granny eat this with Papad, Papdi(or fafdi or fafdo in Gujarati), Khakra, or even with chapati and parathas.
How to make yummiest Mango Salsa quickly:
- Chopped Ripe Mangoes: 2 Cups (approximately three to four ripe mangoes)
- Sliced Onion: 1/2 Cup (you can add 1 cup also it tastes better)
- Red or green bell pepper (capsicum): 1 small to medium-sized capsicum
- Chopped Green chilies: ¼ cup
- Chopped Coriander leaves (kothimber): Three to four tablespoons
- Lemon Juice for a taste one to two teaspoons as required and your taste.
- One pinch of Sunth (dried ginger)
- Jeera Powder (cumin powder): ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon if possible, try Kanda lasun masala (onion garlic masala) as a change
- Salt as per your taste requirements: ¼ teaspoon for seasoning salsa
How to Make It?
- Take a bowl for mixing the salsa
- You can use a variety of Mangoes as per your choice. I always use Alphonso Mango you can choose for a taste from here Ratnagiri Alphonso Mango or Devgad Alphonso Mango Wash Ripe mangoes under running water and keep it in a tub of water for soaking nearly thirty minutes. It reduces heat from mango.
- Slice mango pulp in small pieces add it in mixing bowl
- Add finely chopped onions, red pepper or regular capsicum, chopped green chili,
- Garnish with Chopped coriander leaves (kothimber)
- Add the above spices like sounth, jeera powder, black pepper, red chili powder
- Add one to two teaspoons of lemon juice you can reduce or add lemon juice as per your choice personally I prefer one teaspoon only.
- Sprinkle salt as per your taste, and you can try black salt (rock salt) as it adds flavor.
- Mix the mixture well with spoon or spatula.
- Store in the refrigerator for thirty minutes to settle.
- Your Homemade mango salsa is ready now
- Serve this fascinating tangy-sweet with mesmerizing taste with Papad, Khakhra, fafda, paratha, or even with potato chips.
Some common questions about it
How to make mango salsa for mahi-mahi?
How to make mango salsa for salmon?
How to make mango salsa tilapia?
The same procedure you need to add other ingredients
How long does mango salsa last in the refrigerator?
If I keep it in an airtight unopened container, it lasts up to three to four days in the refrigerator.
Is Mango Sasav and Mango Chili Salsa the same?
No, Mango Sasav is a Goan style cuisine or Indianize version of Mango Chilly Salsa.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving – Carbs in Mango Salsa
Calories 61.3,Total Fat 0.3 g, Saturated Fat 0.1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 3.2 mg, Potassium 220.6 mg, Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Dietary Fiber 2.4 g, Sugars 7.8 g, Protein 1.1 g, Vitamin A 50.5 %, Vitamin B-12 0.0 %, Vitamin B-6 10.6 %, Vitamin C 150.9 %, Vitamin D 0.0 %, Vitamin E 4.5 %, Calcium 1.8 %, Copper 5.4 %, Folate 6.0 %, Iron 1.9 %, Magnesium 3.3 %, Manganese 5.7 %, Niacin 2.8 %, Pantothenic Acid 1.7 %, Phosphorus 2.7 %, Riboflavin 2.9 %, Selenium 1.0 %, Thiamin 4.9 %, Zinc 1.0 %
TIPS for preparation of this recipe
- You may try Alphonso Mangoes, but if they are not available, you can try some other range of mangoes Kesar mango also gets the excellent taste in the salsa, if possible, try Rajapuri Mango or Payari with this.
- As it has minimal fibers, and it is sweeter with a great aroma, which makes you're every salsa mesmerizing.
- In the winter and rainy season, you don't get the fresh mangoes. You can even use little Mango Pulp, which is readily available in Indian Stores or Mango pulp, which you can use from your refrigerator, which you might have taken out during scorching summer season with fresh mangoes.
- Add or changes spices as per your taste if possible; you can try Triphala which called as teepal in Goa
- You can add grated coconut for flavor. It doesn't taste like Sasav as for Sasav. It would be best if you cooked it on the flame.
- You can make it once in a week and store in a refrigerator for three to four days. It goes well with Lays Onion flavor potato chips.
- You can add Avocado to this. It changes a bit of taste.
- You can add mint leaves instead of coriander leaves (cilantro, Kothimber) it tastes like Mango Mint Salsa
- If you add Mango pulp to this in the offseason, it feels like Sweet Mango salsa, and you will have to skip chili and red chili powder in this.
- For Vegans, it tastes well with baked potato (roasted Aloo), baked sweet potato, chopped cooked elephant yam.
- For those who eat nonveg can baked fish with mango salsa, chicken and mango salsa wraps, Chicken nuggets with Mango salsa, prawns in Mango salsa, and much more.
- Just try to store in the refrigerator for half an hour before serving it taste awesome
- You can add Lettuce chopped leaves to give crunchy salad taste
- You can also add carrot, radish for change in flavor.