The name salsa has a Spanish origin which is a sauce. Salsa's simple Irresistible word is Fresh Sauce. Suppose added mango with it becomes Mango Sauce or, in simple terms, Mango Salsa.
In the United States, salsa refers to essential spicy chili tomato sauce preparation, which is taken from Mexican cuisine. The salsa recipe originated from South and Central America during the colonial Columbian era by Spanish invaders from Europe. Salsa, a Fresh Sauce, Mango Salsa, is a new version of mango sauce by Spanish Invaders, which blended local cultural cuisines with the advantage of local ingredients. On the other hand, it said that Portugal carried mango from India. Further, it got distributed to Spanish invaders who grew it in the south and central America. Mango was mixed in local cuisine and prepared as Mango Salsa with variations like Mango Chili Salsa.
Mango Salsa Vegan Delight
The summer season is about to come, and do you know what would be best about it?
Mango and lots of mango!
Multiple cuisines and a recipe for a mango party in favor of you and your fussy eater kids. The freshness and aroma of this seasonal mango fruit remain in our hearts, even in the offseason. We kindle our taste buds with raw mango lassi, mango chutney, mango juice, salsa, and multiple other varieties, but why not try something different this summer? Yes, Mango Salsa is the best to enjoy Mexican cuisine in Indian style in the coming summer. One of the best-known Mexican cuisines is fresh mango salsa. It is served during lunch or dinner even. You can eat this with Nachos or Papad as Masala Mango Papad to make your taste buds go sweet, spicy, and tangy. It uses ripe mango, onions, spices, and red bell pepper. Gluten-free dish with Low Fat.
Mainly a complete Vegan dish with tangy delight to your taste buds.
Other Version of this
My kids are so fussy about it that they love it and can finish a whole bowl in one seating. I make it in a big pot that lasts three to four days if refrigerated. It can gel with multiple Indian dishes like Aloo Chat, Salmon, prawns koliwada, Surmai, Chicken, Barbeque, appetizer, and chutney. My kids and granny eat this with Papad, Papdi(or fafdi or fafdo in Gujarati), Khakra, chapati, and parathas.
How to make the yummiest Mango Salsa quickly:
- Chopped Ripe Mangoes: 2 Cups (approximately three to four ripe mangoes)
- Sliced Onion: 1/2 Cup (you can add 1 cup also. It tastes better)
- Red or green bell pepper (capsicum): 1 small to medium-sized capsicum
- Chopped Green chilies: ¼ cup
- Chopped Coriander leaves (kothimber): Three to four tablespoons
- Lemon Juice for a taste of one to two teaspoons as required and your taste.
- One pinch of Sunth (dried ginger)
- Jeera Powder (cumin powder): ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: ¼ teaspoon. If possible, try Kanda lasun masala (onion garlic masala) as a change.
- Salt as per your taste requirements: ¼ teaspoon for seasoning salsa
How to Make It?
- Take a bowl to mix the salsa.
- You can use a variety of Mangoes as per your choice. I always use Alphonso Mango. You can choose a taste from here Ratnagiri Alphonso Mango or Devgad Alphonso Mango. Wash Ripe mangoes under running water and keep them in a tub of water for soaking for nearly thirty minutes. It reduces heat from mango.
- Slice mango pulp into small pieces and adds it to the mixing bowl.
- Add finely chopped onions, red pepper or regular capsicum, chopped green chili,
- Garnish with Chopped coriander leaves (kothimber)
- Add spices like sounth, jeera powder, black pepper, and red chili powder.
- Add one to two teaspoons of lemon juice; you can reduce or add lemon juice as per your choice, and I prefer one teaspoon only.
- Sprinkle salt as per your taste, and you can try black salt (rock salt) as it adds flavor.
- Mix the mixture well with a spoon or spatula.
- Store in the refrigerator for thirty minutes to settle.
- Your Homemade mango salsa is ready now.
- Serve this fascinating tangy-sweet with mesmerizing taste with Papad, Khakhra, fafda, paratha, or potato chips.
Some common questions about it
How to make mango salsa for mahi-mahi?
How to make mango salsa for salmon?
How to make mango salsa tilapia?
In the same procedure, you need to add other ingredients.
How long does mango salsa last in the refrigerator?
If I keep it in an airtight unopened container, it lasts up to three to four days in the refrigerator.
Is Mango Sasav and Mango Chili Salsa the same?
No, Mango Sasav is a Goan-style cuisine or Indianized version of Mango Chilly Salsa.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving – Carbs in Mango Salsa
Calories 61.3,Total Fat 0.3 g, Saturated Fat 0.1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g, Cholesterol 0.0 mg, Sodium 3.2 mg, Potassium 220.6 mg, Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Dietary Fiber 2.4 g, Sugars 7.8 g, Protein 1.1 g, Vitamin A 50.5 %, Vitamin B-12 0.0 %, Vitamin B-6 10.6 %, Vitamin C 150.9 %, Vitamin D 0.0 %, Vitamin E 4.5 %, Calcium 1.8 %, Copper 5.4 %, Folate 6.0 %, Iron 1.9 %, Magnesium 3.3 %, Manganese 5.7 %, Niacin 2.8 %, Pantothenic Acid 1.7 %, Phosphorus 2.7 %, Riboflavin 2.9 %, Selenium 1.0 %, Thiamin 4.9 %, Zinc 1.0 %
TIPS for preparation of this recipe
- You may try Alphonso Mangoes, but you can try another range of mangoes if unavailable.
- Kesar mango also gets the salsa's excellent taste. If possible, try Rajapuri Mango or Payari with this.
- It has minimal fibers and is sweeter with a great aroma, which mesmerizes your salsa.
- You don't get fresh mangoes in the winter and rainy season. You can even use little Mango Pulp, readily available in Indian Stores, or Mango pulp, which you can use from your refrigerator, which you might have taken out during the scorching summer season with fresh mangoes.
- Add or change spices as per your taste if possible; you can try Triphala, called treepal in Goa.
- You can add grated coconut for flavor. It doesn't taste like Sasav as for Sasav. It would be best if you cooked it on flame.
- You can make it once a week and store it in a refrigerator for three to four days. It goes well with Lays Onion flavor potato chips.
- You can add Avocado to this. It changes a bit of taste.
- You can add mint leaves instead of coriander (cilantro, Kothimber). It tastes like Mango Mint Salsa.
- If you add Mango pulp to this in the offseason, it feels like Sweet Mango salsa, and you will have to skip chili and red chili powder in this.
- It tastes well with baked potato (roasted Aloo), baked sweet potato, and chopped cooked elephant yam for Vegans.
- Those who eat non-veg can baked fish with mango salsa, chicken and mango salsa wraps, Chicken nuggets with Mango salsa, prawns in Mango salsa, and much more.
- Just try to store in the refrigerator for half an hour before serving. It tastes awesome.
- You can add Lettuce chopped leaves to give a crunchy salad taste.
- You can also add carrot and radish for a change in flavor.