Vitamin C Fruits in India | Alphonso Mango
It is a water-soluble vitamin that is found in many fruits and vegetables. It is an essential nutrient that is required for a variety of bodily functions, including collagen production, immune system support, and iron absorption.
Vitamin c function
It has many important functions like forming blood vessels, cartilage, muscle and collagen in bones.
Vitamin C is also vital to your body's healing process. Helping to protect cells and keeping them healthy. Maintaining healthy skin, blood vessels, bones and cartilage. Helping with wound healing.
Vitamin C: Are you getting enough?
The Indian government has implemented several programs to address this deficiency in the country.
These programs include the National Nutrition Mission, which provides iron and folic acid tablets to pregnant women and adolescent girls, and the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) scheme, which offers supplementary nutrition for children under six.
Despite these efforts, this deficiency still needs to improve in India.According to a 2019 National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad survey,
- Over 50% of Indian children under five and
- Over 40% of pregnant women are vitamin C deficient.
1. Vitamin C: The Essential Nutrient That Keeps You Healthy
It is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential for many bodily functions.
It is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect cells from damage.
It is also important for wound healing, immune function, and iron absorption.
2. How Much Vitamin C Do You Need?
The recommended amount of this for Indians varies depending on age and gender.
- Men: 90 milligrams (mg) per day
- Women: 75 mg per day
- Pregnant women: 100 mg per day
- Breastfeeding women: 120 mg per day
3. Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin C
The best way to get your daily dose of this is from food. It is found in many fruits and vegetables, including citrus fruits, berries, tomatoes, and broccoli.
You may need a supplement if you cannot get enough of this vitamins from food. Supplements for this are available in many forms, including capsules, tablets, and powders.
4. Vitamin C: The Powerhouse Nutrient That Boosts Your Health
It has many health benefits, including:
- Protecting cells from damage
- Boosting the immune system
- Helping wounds to heal faster
- Promoting healthy skin and gums
- Reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke, and other chronic diseases
5. Spot the Signs of Vitamin C Deficiency
Deficiency with this vitamin is rare in developed countries. Still, it can occur in people who do not eat a healthy diet or have certain medical conditions.
Signs of deficiency include:
- Muscle aches
- Easy bruising
- Bleeding gums
- Slow-healing wounds
6. Vitamin C A Friend to Diabetics
It is a nutrient essential for good health and can be especially beneficial for people with diabetes.
It is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and tissues and are thought to play a role in the development and progression of diabetes.
In addition to its antioxidant properties, it also plays a role in blood sugar control.
They can help to improve insulin sensitivity, which is the body's ability to respond to the hormone insulin.
Insulin helps to regulate blood sugar levels, so improved insulin sensitivity can lead to better blood sugar control.
It may have several health benefits for people with diabetes, including:
- Helping to control blood sugar levels
- Reducing the risk of complications from diabetes, such as heart disease and stroke
- Improving wound healing
7. Vitamin C: Essential for Pregnant Women
It is essential for pregnant women and their developing babies. It helps to:
- Form the placenta and amniotic fluid
- Develop the baby's bones, teeth, and gums
- Protect the baby from infection
8. The Top Vitamin C Foods You Need to Eat
Many fruits and vegetables are good sources of this. Here are some of the top choices:
- Citrus fruits: Oranges, grapefruits, lemons, limes
- Berries: Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- Brussels sprouts
- Red and green bell peppers
9. Vitamin C Fruits in India: A Comparison Chart
It is an essential nutrient that plays a vital role in many bodily functions, including immune system support, collagen production, and iron absorption. It is also a powerful antioxidant that can help protect cells from damage.
India is a country with a rich culinary tradition, and there are many delicious and nutritious fruits that are also excellent sources of this.
Vitamin C content per 100g (mg)
|Kakadu plum||1000 mg|
|Acerola cherry||1677 mg|
|Alphonso mango||42 mg|
10. Which fruit has Highest Vitamin C
The fruit with the highest vitamin C content is the Kakadu plum, with up to 2,907 mg per 100 grams. This is over 100 times more than an orange.
Kakadu plum is a native Australian fruit that is one of the world's richest sources of this vitamin, with over 1000mg per 100g. It is also a good source of fibre, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids.
Kakadu plums can be eaten fresh, dried, or made into juice, smoothies, and powder.
11. Benefit of Vitamin C rich Mangoes
It is an essential nutrient that plays a vital role in many bodily functions, including:
- Boosting the immune system
- Protecting cells from damage
- Helping to heal wounds
- Promoting iron absorption
- Supporting healthy skin and hair
Mangoes are an excellent source of this nutrients, with one cup (165 grams) of chopped mango providing nearly 70% of the recommended daily intake for adults.
Here are some of the specific benefits of eating this healthy rich mangoes:
- Stronger immune system: Mangoes can boost your immune system by aiding white blood cell production.
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases: It is an antioxidant that protects cells from damage caused by free radicals. Mangoes lower the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer's.
- Improved iron absorption: It aids iron absorption for oxygen transport. Pair mangoes with iron-rich foods like spinach and lentils for optimal nutrient intake.
- Healthier skin and hair: It produces collagen for healthy skin & hair. Mangoes reduce wrinkles & promote hair growth.
Mangoes are a great source of this, fiber, potassium, and vitamin A. Eating them regularly can improve your health.
12. Which Indian fruits are highest in vitamin C?
Guava: Guava is a tropical fruit packed with nutrients, including this nutrient. One guava contains 228 mg of vitamin C, more than twice the recommended daily intake for adults.
Indian gooseberry (amla): Amla is a sour(Khatta) fruit native to India. It is one of the world's richest sources of this, containing 700 mg per 100 grams.
Kiwi: Kiwi is another great source of this, with one kiwi containing 85 mg of the vitamin. Kiwi is also a good source of fibre and potassium.
Eating these fruits regularly can help to boost your immune system, protect your cells from damage, and improve your overall health.
13. Vitamin C beyond oranges: Indian foods that boost your immunity
Here are some other Indian foods that are high in vitamin C:
- Amla (Indian gooseberry)
- Bell peppers
- Coriander (cilantro)
- Lemon juice
- Lime juice
- Mustard greens
Eat more fruits and vegetables to stay healthy. Add bell peppers, broccoli, or cabbage to your stir-fries or curries. Spinach or coriander can be added to your smoothies or salads.
Fresh fruits can be a healthy snack or dessert. Fortified foods like cereals and juices can provide this, but they don't have the same nutrients as fresh produce.
Here are some examples of Indian dishes that are high in vitamin C:
- Amla juice: Amla juice, a popular Indian drink made from gooseberry, is rich in this.
- Amla chutney: Amla chutney is a tangy condiment served with dishes like dosas and idlis, rich in vitamins.
- Guava juice: Guava juice is a refreshing and nutritious drink from guava fruit. It is a great source this and other nutrients.
- Kiwi salad: Kiwi salad is a tasty mix of kiwi, fruits, and veggies high in this and other nutrients.
- Tomato raita: Tomato raita is a nutritious yoghurt-based condiment made with tomatoes, herbs, and spices.
By making these foods and dishes a part of your daily diet, you can effortlessly fulfil your daily requirement of this.
14. Vitamin C: Fun facts for a healthier IndiaVitamin C is a natural sunscreen
It can help protect the skin from the sun's harmful UV rays.
Vitamin C can help to boost your mood.
It is a precursor to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that plays a role in mood regulation.
Vitamin C can help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, and cancer.
It is a powerful antioxidant that can help to protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
Vitamin C is essential for wound healing.
It helps to produce collagen, a protein that is necessary for the repair of damaged tissues.
Vitamin C can help to improve iron absorption.
Iron is an important mineral for carrying oxygen throughout the body.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your vitamin C intake:
- Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. It is found in many different fruits and vegetables, so eating a variety is important to get enough.
- Eat your fruits and vegetables fresh whenever possible. It is water-soluble, which means that it dissolves in water.
- When you cook fruits and vegetables, some vitamin C can be lost in the cooking water.
- Cook fruits and vegetables gently. If you need to cook your fruits and vegetables, try to cook them gently using methods such as steaming or microwaving. This will help to preserve more of the vitamin C content.
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption. Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can destroy vitamin C.
15. Why buy Alphonso Mangoes?
They are one of the most popular and delicious fruits in India. They are also a good source of this. One Hapus contains about 42 milligrams of vitamin C, nearly half of the recommended daily intake for adults.
In addition to this, They are a good source of other nutrients, such as fibre, potassium, and magnesium. They are also low in calories and fat, making them a healthy snack or dessert option.
Suppose you are looking for a delicious and nutritious way to get your daily dose of this. In that case, They are a great choice for tasty delicacy.
It is an essential nutrient that plays many important bodily roles. Getting enough vitamin C from food to maintain good health is important.
You may need a supplement if you cannot get enough vitamin C from food.