Mango origin has a reference for 6000 years. Mango has been referred to in Ramayana text by Saint Valmiki. It is tough to find a person, or there might be one person in 1 lakh person or more who does not like the rich taste of mango, the king of fruit.
Mangos taste so tasty that people forget they are also healthy and Fruitful for the body.
Our team has been researching on mangoes, Alphonso Mangoes, Devgad Alphonso Mangoes, Ratnagiri Alphonso Mangoes, Which is called locally as Hapus, (Hapuz, Hapoos, Amba).
Now Discover how the “king of fruits” help’s you to get excellent results in your body.
Mango History as Aphrodisiac
Buddhist Still consider mango as a Landmark Beacon for Peace and Knowledge by planting mango trees. For Buddhists, this is a necessary act of faith in mango as a God.
Even in Jain tradition, the Goddess Ambika, the harbinger Murthy of wealth and prosperity, holds a bunch of mangoes, Ambika Mata, in her hand, which represent Mango as Fertility.
Hence it is also known as Aphrodisiac since ancient ages. There are references as Akbar Badshah, and other emperors were using it as Natural Aphrodisiac.
Mango as an Amraphal
The mango itself has much past century’s history. Initially, Mangoes cultivated in Southern Asia, and There are lots of references in Ramayana & Mahabharta About Mango as Amraphal by 8th century CE. They could found as far distance as Africa from South Asian countries. As the Americas opened up, it flourished here in our subtropical and tropical climate zones as well. Its popularity has been globally known and admitted by global citizens, and mangoes now symbolize one of the most significant cultured tropical fruits and Known as Hapus Amba in Konkan.
Mango History and Indian Share
The mango is our national fruit of Hindusthan (India, Bharat), Haiti, Pakistan, Philippines. And beyond all this elevated designation for India as King of fruits, While India is the world’s largest cultivator of mangoes, India contributes 51 % of all mangoes (Aam) grown worldwide. In Mangoes cultivation, our nearest competitor is China, which is 9% of mangoes increased.
Worldwide, while the third is Mexico, which is at 8 % of mangoes worldwide? Inclusive of India and the other nine countries globally, the total share is 88.1% worldwide, and the rest of the world produces 11.9 % as mango cultivation on growth.
Alphonso Mango History in India
During the Alphonso mango’s season from March second week to July, it becomes a national obsession consumption with belief throughout India, as people use the Alphonso Mango or Hapus fruit as Summer season delicacy mouth-watering dishes.
The Alphonso mango is one of the most expensive types of mangoes in the world, which is grown primarily in western India in Konkan hilly areas like Devgad, Ratnagiri, and called as Hapus Mangoes (Hapoos, Hapuz, Ratnagiri Alphonso Mango, Devgad Alphonso Mangoes).
Renowned chefs around the world have used the Alphonso mango (Hapus mango) in a different recipe since ancient ages.
Mango History in Hindu ancient text
- There is an absolute reference of Mango Culinary in Paka Darpan with a recommendation of rutu dharmam (means seasonal food and fruits) in chapter second. There is a reference in Panaka (different types of drinks). Various mango drinks prepared in golden utensils.
- Lehya Prakaranam (means a type of sauces with removed seeds and heated as the one cooked out of mango have been recommended to be sprinkled with flowers having pleasant aroma). Different cuisine like paka prepared with mango.
Ramayana by Saint Valmiki has a reference of mango.
There are different names for Mango like Amra Phalam, Amra Phala, Aam (Hindi),
Amra Chuta (Sanskrit) in Ramayana.
- There a reference when Lord Rama, Laxmana, and Sita Mata returned to Ayodhya from Lanka. The mango leaves where used as a Kalash pooja and in front of every home entrance.
Chitrakuta is a hill where Mandakini river flows and Mango.
In Chitrakuta, there are lots of references for mangoes, which is on page reference (2.93.8; 2.92.11).
- The forest includes lovely flowering and fruit trees that surround it.
- Valmiki’s Ramayana says it includes both edible and non-edible types of vegetation like the mango.
- Next stop was Panchavati The commonly found tree species in Panchavati were
- Type of trees like
- champaka (champak)
- Chandana (sandalwood)
- Khajur (date palms)
- Phanas (jackfruit tree)
- Niipa (burflower-tree)
- Palmyra palm
- Punnaga (Champa flowers tree)
- Screw-pine (ketaka, Ketaki)
- Sesame (tilaka)
- Shala Sal tree (shall)
- Sweet mango (Amra Phala or aamra chuta)
- Tamala (Cinnamon tree).
Pampa Sarovar Rama and Mango
- Pampa Sarovar a lake located in Bellary district, Karnataka. Where Lord Rama meets Lord Hanuman, there is a reference of Mango trees in the Pampa Sarovar forest.
- The Mango fragrant flowers, called Mohor, were used in various delicacies.
- Mango wood used to make the weapon of war.
- Mango fruit tree is also called Bhavya Vruksha.
Mango Health benefits as per Ayurveda
Ancient Ayurveda medicine also has references for Mangoes (aam) are as follows:
Charak Samhita Reference for Mangoes, Mango, is in Atha Phalavarga, Shlok 137.
Means before forming seed in Mango fruit (Kairi) it causes Bleeding disorders, it increases pitta dosha, Ripe Mangoes calms Vata Dosha. Mango helps in Muscle Tissues and Energy booster, which increases Shukra dhatu flow in the body as per the Charaka Samhita study.
Mango Medicinal Properties and Mango Medicinal uses
Studies indicate that Mangoes Medicinal properties are as follows:
- Anti bone resorption (Preventing bone loss)
- Antioxidant (Clears the skin, with glow, helps in Cancer)
- Antipyretic (prevent or reduces fever)
- Antispasmodic(relieves Spasm of involuntary muscle)
- Antitumor (Inhibiting growth tumor or tumors)
- Cardiotonic (Favorable effect on Heart)
- Hepatoprotective(better for liver)
- Hypolipidemic (antihyperlipidemic agents such as lowers cholesterol)
- Immune modulation
- Improves Eye Health
- Alkalize Whole Body
- Promotes Healthy sex ( Helps in Erectile Dysfunction, Impotence).
Alphonso Mango in our farm
We currently start of Alphonso mango season, which runs from March to the end of May or June. But most of the mango orchard preparation by our farmer friends have been working on the same for the many years as our mango farms trees are, on average, 25 years Plus old, which are at Hilly area of Konkan at once side Sea is nearby. On another side, there are Quiet many mountains. Own mango orchards and mango trees are in hilly regions. Hence Alphonso Mangoes are best in quality from in Devgad Alphonso Mango and Ratnagiri Alphonso Mangoes.
Mango trees serve as the Mouth-watering enticing flavor base for our best quality handpicked Mangoes. Our team checks mango with strict quality checks by the seasoned players with years of experience in Mango Farming.
Mango distinctive smell
With its distinctive, yellow skin and saffron-hued fruit after ripening mangoes(ripe mango), the Ratnagiri Alphonso mango and Devgad Alphonso Mangoes stands out from other varieties. It named after the Military General Afonso de Albuquerque, a General of Portuguese Army. With many tasks completed in his tenure, one of the lesser of which (but most far-reaching and today loved one) by introducing grafting technology to India that acknowledge for the creation of the Alphonso Mango. Now slowly, the name was changed from Alphonso, Afonso to Hapus or Hapoos, Hapuz or Devgad Alphanso Mango, Ratnagiri Alphonso Mango king of fruits.
And hence this season enlightened the beautiful chef in you for your family and loved once with receipes using Alphonso Mangoes like aam churan(amchur), aam panna, aam panna crush, aam panna powder, aam papad, aam ras (aamras), aamras puri, alphonso mango rabri, amba bhadang, amba dal, amba wadi (Mango wadi), chicken supreme with mangoes, curries, Mango falooda, frozen alphonso mango candies, hapus ice creams, mango basundi, mango butter, mango cake, mango cheesecake, mango chicken, mango cocktail, cold mango drink, mango facial, mango halwa, mango ice cream, mango jam, mango jelly, mango juice, mango kulfi, Mango lassi, mango leather, mango mastani, mango milk shake (mango shake), mango modak, mango mousse, mango murabba (amba Moramba, Amba Muramba, Mango Muramba), mango phirni, mango preserves, mango pudding, mango rice, mango salsa, mango shrikhand (Commonly known as amrkhad), mango smoothie, mangoes in sugar syrup, pakoras, ripe mango chutney, red mango curry. It’s both a celebration and a rush to mango season in whole as well as different recipes, and you can create your calendar for the family with Alphonsomango.in.
It’s not uncommon or very different to send a box of one dozen or two dozen Ratnagiri Alphonso mangoes or Devgad Alphonso mangoes (Hapus Mangoes) to your loved ones, friend, bosses or close relatives as a mark of respect and love.