How to make fig jam.
You can use any figs for making jams. It depends upon the type of figs you choose.
There are two kinds of figs available in the market.
They are Black Mission Figs and Brown Turkey Figs. Both these figs are very delicious and nutritious.
The best way to make a fig jam is by using the Black Mission Figs.
These figs are very sweet and have high sugar content.
You can also use the Brown Turkey Figs for making jams, but they are not as sweet as the Black Mission Figs.
If you want to make a fig jam, then you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of fresh figs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
To make the fig jam, follow these steps:
- Wash the figs and cut them into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water, cloves, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and then add the figs.
- Cook the mixture for about 10 minutes or until the figs are soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- Once it is cooled, transfer the jam to a clean jar.
- Store the jam in the refrigerator.
Enjoy your delicious fig jam!