Mango Poha Recipe: A Delicious and Nutritious Indian Breakfast
Mango Poha is a delicious and nutritious Indian breakfast dish with flattened rice (poha), mango, and spices. It is a quick and easy dish, perfect for a busy morning. It is also a good protein, fiber, and vitamin source.
Mango Poha is a delicious and nutritious Indian breakfast dish made with flattened rice (poha), mango, and spices.
It is a quick and easy dish to make, and it is packed with protein, fiber, and vitamins.
Health Benefits of Mango Poha:
- It is a good natural source of complex carbohydrates, which provide your body with sustained energy throughout the day.
- It is also a excellent natural source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue.
- It is a healthy natural fiber source, which helps keep you full and satisfied.
- It is also a best source of vitamins A and C, essential for boosting immunity and maintaining good health.
Nutritional Information for Mango Poha:
One serving of Mango Poha (1 cup) contains approximately:
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 8 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 40 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Vitamin A: 10% of the Daily Value
- Vitamin C: 15% of the Daily Value
- 1 cup thick poha (flattened rice)
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- One tablespoon oil
- Wash the poha in a colander and drain well.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start to pop, add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt, and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the mango and poha and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the poha is heated through.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Use thick poha for the best results. Thin poha will become too mushy when cooked.
- Refrain from overcooking the poha, or it will become dry and hard.
- If you want a spicier poha, add more red chili powder or green chili pepper.
- You can add other vegetables to the poha, such as peas, carrots, or potatoes.
- For a richer flavor, add a tablespoon of ghee or butter to the pan before adding the mustard and cumin seeds.
Enjoy your Mango Poha an Indian dessert with Breakfast!