Brief History for it
Though pudding is a British invention, It recreated or reinvented by a couple of changes in the recipe which originated in India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, or from Asian countries by adding mango. That too, if you add Alphonso Mango, then it is a delicious, heavenly dish for a family, and there is no specialty required for cooking.
In Latin word, pudding means botellus, which means sausage actually; the French call it as boudin since it comes from British only.
How to prepare mango Pudding
It is much easy to follow the simple small steps as per below, and you can do with it.
Mango Pudding Recipe
The summer season is just around the corner. And when it is about summer, one the first thing which comes to our mind is the sweet fruit of mango. Mango was, is, and always remains the best time of the summer season. The aroma of mango fills us with joy and happiness, and the different mango recipes are what we wait for in the summer days.
Remember the delicious taste of the mango puddings that we endlessly had during our childhood days? We still crave for the mouth-watering dessert. The endless love for the mango pudding brings excitement to share the recipe for others to enjoy summer the best way.
The mango pudding is something you can easily enjoy at home this summer. The best thing is that you do not need to be a professional chef. Even if you are trying your hands in the kitchen for the first time, you will surely succeed with mango puddings as it has a straightforward recipe. This recipe gives silky finishing with smooth texture because Alphonso mangoes have very lesser fiber.
How to make Mango Pudding
Course Type: Dessert
So, here is how to make the yummy dessert quick.
Ingredients of Mango Pudding
To start with the mango pudding, you require the following elements:
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Ripe Mango Pieces – 2 Cups, or you can even use our Mango Pulp
- Sugar – Adjustable based on Alphonso Mango sweetness as Alphonso mangoes are sweet than others. You can also use jaggery for the replacement of sugar. It induced bit jaggery taste.
- Cardamom Powder – One Pinch/ Vanilla Essence – 2 Drops
- Agar-Agar Strips – 5gms
- Optional Saffron strands, chopped Cashew nuts, and Almond for garnishing
How to make the Mango Pudding?
With these simple and easy steps, you can prepare one of the best desserts this summer. So, you can follow some steps :
- Using a blender, make a puree with the pieces of ripe mango. Add one-fourth of the whole milk to smoothen the puree. Remove the puree in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a vessel, take some water, put agar, and place the boat on low heat. Stir it till agar agar dissolves completely.
- Boil the milk and add the sugar as well as the cardamom powder. Then, slow down the flame and leave it for three to four minutes. Now, add the agar-agar and stir it on low flame for 4 minutes. Please turn off the flame and allow it to cool, but make sure it remains warm.
- Now, add the puree to the mixture of agar agar and mix it well.
- Pour out the mixture into the serving bowls. Set them at room temperature and cover bowls with a plastic wrap.
- Place the bowls in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours, at least.
- Garnish it with saffron strands, chopped cashew nuts, Almonds if you like.
- Serve chilled.
Decoration of Mango Pudding
Add some mango pieces on the top to garnish it and make the dessert look appealing. You can add Saffron, Almonds, and chopped cashews.
Pudding In a Nutshell
With the readily available ingredient and the convenient making process, you can enjoy the hot summers with the chilled dessert of mango pudding. The delicious dish is something you cannot miss out on this summer. Buy the ingredients, prepare the chef within you, and get ready to enjoy the yummy dessert and make your summers memorable.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
CALORIES: 412, CHOLESTEROL: 9 mg, SUGAR: 24g, PROTEIN: 7g, SODIUM: 91mg, TOTAL FAT: 6.8g, TRANS FAT: 0g, SATURATED FAT: 10.5 g, UNSATURATED FAT: 2g, CARBOHYDRATES: 54g, FIBER: 0.8 g.
Some Tips for Pudding
- Place the serving glass or bowl tilted so that pudding gets filled in a tilted shape and looks beautiful.
- You can make two layers of Mango and Milk pudding if tilted.
- You can store it in the fridge for a couple of days.
- You can top it by adding caramel on top of it in the bowl or glass if required, but mango is sweet so that it might get the more delicious option.
- Take gelatine neutral-flavored if it is of another flavor, then it might change the taste.
- In winter or monsoon, it isn’t effortless to get fresh mangoes. You can use our Sweetened Mango Pulp instead of fresh mangoes in offseason. Or frozen mango or your frozen mango pulp if available with you.
- Please don’t put it into chillers or deep fridge keep in the average refrigerator. If you keep it in chillers or deep fridge, it becomes ice cream.
- You can use fresh cream or Amul Milk cream as an optional.
- For more fluffy, you can use whipped cream.
- You can use optional coconut milk or cashew nut milk or Almond milk as an optional.
- In the fridge, it can last for a couple of days.