Mango India | India Produce of Premium Mangoes
Mango India is home to a wide array of mangoes. India is the largest producer of mangoes in the world. The country is known for its diverse range of mangoes, with hundreds of varieties grown in different regions. It is believed that India has around 24 varieties of Indian mangoes that all Indian tastes on average. Some of the most famous mangoes from India include Alphonso, Kesar, Chaunsa, Dasheri, and Langra. Indian mangoes are exported to many countries worldwide and are highly prized for their sweet taste and juicy flesh.
The tropical climate, terrain, and topography of India suit mango production. Globally, 25 million tonnes of mangoes are produced each year.
Out of these 25 million tonnes, India produces 14 million tonnes. Thus, India is the leading producer of mangoes worldwide.
Mangoes are an important part of Indian culture. It is used as an offering to Gods during the season.
The fruit is also an inseparable part of our childhoods. It reminds us of the summer holidays at our grandparents' homes or native places.
Indian aam is known for its delicious taste, beautiful skin, and rich texture. It is the most loved fruit across the globe.
The following are some of the most popular varieties of Indian aam
- Alphonso Hapus: The Portuguese initially brought Hapus to India in the 1500s. Hapus then became an important part of our lives. We treasure Hapus's saffron-yellow hue, sweet fragrance, and mind-blowing flavor. Alphonso mango is produced exclusively in Konkan. The volcanic soil of Konkan adds to the flavor of Alphonso.
- Kesar: grown in Gujarat, this variant got its name because of its skin color. Kesar translates to saffron in English. Thus, the variant is known for its saffron-yellow hue and incredible taste.
- Totapuri: this variant has a distinct shape. It looks like a parrot's beak. That's why it is also called Ginnimoothi. Grown in South India, the ones grown in Bangalore are especially famous.
- Himsagar: this variant is known for its pulp. 77% of the entire fruit is just pulp! Grown exclusively in West Bengal, this variant is also known as Khirsapati.
- Dasehri: this variant is the most celebrated aam of North India. Malihabad district of UP grows the best of this kind. The fruit originated in Kakori but is found in Nawab's garden today!
Health benefits of mango
Mango is not only a delicacy but also a healthy treat! The best thing about an aam is that it is a natural alternative to artificial sugar.
So, feed your kids as many aams as they like with no fear of a sugar rush!
The fruit is filled with dietary fibers, vitamins, and phytochemicals. It contains all the essential nutrients your body needs.
Mango Color Why are mangoes yellow inside?
It is packed with vitamins A, E, and C and meets your body's daily requirements of these vitamins.
It has antioxidants that help keep toxins out of your body. Thus, it helps in cancer prevention.
Aam is excellent for your skin, heart, hair, and eyes. So, what are you waiting for?
- Order yours at alphonsomangoes. In. We specialize in delivering premium quality fresh aam straight from agro farms to your homes.
- Our mangoes are ripened naturally. So, we don't use the chemical compound carbide.
- We ship all across the globe by air. We ship green mangoes, which then ripen at your home.
- It helps in minimizing the damage caused by travel. So that way, you can be sure that no chemicals are involved in the ripening process.
- To buy the best naturally ripened mangoes, click here.