Mango Seed called Amra beej in Hindi and Marathi. It called Ambyachi koy.
Mango seed is more grown near sea coastlands or a mountain in a way it requires the right climate for mango cultivation. It sometimes takes no effort or attention at all; it grows on itself.
If you need the Mango seeds you need to buy fresh Mangoes from us:
Our farms in Ratnagiri and Devgad have different sections other than Alphonso Mango, where we grow a variety of Indian Mangoes for our in house research.
Mango varieties like:
- Alphonso Mangoes – we have a tree which is like our family symbols, for example, my grand, grand for fathers have planted it and handed over to us.
- Kesar Mango – this is the trees that we have planted for our research recently in Konkan.
- Payari Mango
- Dasheri Mango
- Chausa Mango
- Badami Mango
- Safeda Mango
- Bombay Green Mango – This breed was planted here by my uncle actually in Punjab, but later he shifted the plant from Punjab to Ratnagiri while it was in the nursery stage
- Langra Mango
- Raspury Mango
Just if you think of fantastic nature and motherland, various mangoes come in a range of sizes, shapes, and colors. Each Mango has its unique flavors, aroma, and taste. They ripen at slightly different times or rather keep on their cycle of flowering, budding, and harvesting.
Growing mango tree from mango seed
Growing different mango tree varieties in the same garden is an exciting job as you need to study a lot for different types. Still, it has different flowering and harvest time of this feast to your taste buds.
You can eat fresh mangoes for a range of months, which starts in December.
This year was a little bit unfortunate due to heavy rain our flowering has pushed to February or else some time we use to eat the first Mango in January instead of only a few weeks!
Understand why monkeys eat mango seeds
Monkey love these fruits tremendously as monkey eat Mango with it sweet and tasty flesh not only human beings, but lots of animals and birds love Mango, the peel.
While Mango seeds are known fact as per Ayurveda seeds, which called Amra Beeja are known for energy boosters, which helps to Monkeys to jump from one tree to another. Few have side effects, cautions, quantity, nutrition facts, and concerns about this fruit.
Mango Seed health benefits
Once you have your Alphonso mangoes clean, the seed makes it pat dry and do two things out of it.
Dried Mango Seed benefits
- Grind the seeds (Koy, bata, mango seed, Mango kernel) in a mixer and keep this dry powder in a pat dry place, which can take during diarrhea.
- Seed powder is used as an excellent application for the bleeding disorder if used externally.
- Mango seed (koy in Marathi or Bata) kernel powder helps in bleeding and healing wounds.
- The Gum which released from Mango Plant used for applying cracks on the feet. This Gum from Mango helps in healing cracks in feet, which may occur in the winter and get cured in summer.
Mango forest a cause of Humanity
There is something in which you can return gifts to nature as a corporate social responsibility CSR activity.
You usually feel it as a headache but think of draught areas, or you drive in a car nearby at least once in a month. Just keep this seed bombs in your car dickey or carry it in trains, the bus where ever you see the barren land throw these balls, and some of them will grow somehow.
Even you can try some mango seed plantation and carry the plants once it is healthy, it will turn into a big plant one day, which will make you as a landmark for a shadow sometime.
- Collect the Alphonso mango seeds to make the soil balls, and put this Alphonso Mango seeds let it pat dry for some time.
- Once dried, whenever you are going for any outing throw, these seeds one by one in the area, which helps in forestation for us and let's say the tree grows in some years.
- You can tell I planted this mango tree.
- You usually have questions generally One Mango tree takes how long for a mango tree to produce fruit is approximately five(5) to Eight (8) years.
- You can help our Humanity to grow forest with flora and fauna.
Reference of Mango in Varah Puran for mango plantation
There is a reference for this in the ancient text also Varah Puran (172.39) says that –
"Person who does the Plantation of plants like
- One peepal (Ficus religiosa),
- One neem (Azadirachta indica)
- One Bargad (Vad, Banyan)
- Two Anar (pomegranates)
- Two Santra (orange)
- Five Amra phal Tree (Aam, Amba, mango trees)
- Ten flowering plants or creeper
shall never go the hell, and he will only go to Heaven (Swarga)."
How to Plant a Mango Seed
- Take a very ripe mango you can eat the Mango first by peeling it, cut the fruit away from the center of the Mango without cutting through or damaging the seed.
- Remove any leftover mango pulp from the seed, which called Koy in Marathi.
- Clean and wash the mango seed gently under running tap water.
- Cut the seed cover open it with a sharp blade or knife with a gentle cut.
- Do this so carefully, as you don't want to damage the mango seed that is inside.
- Remove the seed and throw the upper husk away.
- The seed will be in the shape of kidney-shaped, with whitish color and with a lighter area on top called the eye.
- Take a planting container to fill it with soil, preferably with coco peat mix if available or else put the only land makes a small drainage hole in the pots as whatever water you put later need to drain slowly passing through seed and soil.
- Now just put some sol and fill the pot wet the little soil bits like moisten it.
- Now dig as small hallow section in the soil what you have filled keep the mango seed inside the whole where eye part of the seed should face upward direction. You can add small turmeric powder near the grain, which helps germinate and natural health of seed sprouting.
- Cover this seed with a little bit of soil. The seed will start germinating in a few weeks. It said that you plant the seed in summer-like in April, May, or June. It will sprout somewhere in June.
- Initially, for some days, water your plant with little lukewarm water whenever you feel the soil is a bit dry.
- As thumb rules, please understand Mangos don't need a lot of water.
- Initially, you need to handle and take care of this plant as a baby later. It takes care of themselves.
- Once the Mango trees are grown up for two years plus, replant the plant in an outdoor location when it's strong enough to take care of them.