Aam Churan Amchur
Amchur is an Indian spice made from dried, unripe mangoes.
To produce amchur, mangoes are harvested at the beginning of the season when they are green.
They are then peeled, sliced, and dried in the sun.
Dried mangoes look like dried mushrooms, which are then ground into powder or sold on the ground at home.
Amchur has a honey-like, powdery yet sweet and sour smell.
In terms of taste, it is sour yet sweet but not overpowering.
It is ideal for adding to any dish, especially in Indian cuisine, as it adds a sweet layer of the sweet, citrus complex.
It is commonly used as a seasoning for samosas and baguettes.
Also, it is a great alternative to lemon or lime juice, especially when you do not want to add moisture to a dish.
Although Amchur is used all over India, it is essential in North Indian or Punjabi cuisine.
How to make amchur
Here is how amchur is made in 6 simple steps:
- The first step is to select the unripe mangoes.
- After this, they are cut to smaller sizes.
- The pieces are then kept under the sun until completely dry.
- The dried mangoes are then ground into a smooth powder form.
- It is packaged, manufactured, and shipped to the market for sale in companies.
- The mango powder is sometimes processed with turmeric powder to keep insects and pests away. It also helps production and storage.
Mango powder makes fruit salads, salad dressings, or dips.
A single teaspoon of amchur powder provides you:
- 36 Calories
- 9 g Carbohydrates
- 0 g Sugar
- 0 g Protein
- 2 g Fiber
Benefits of Amchur
- High in iron: It has high amounts of iron. Thus, it is excellent for expecting women and people with various blood-related diseases.
- Phenolic compounds: These compounds have powerful healing chemicals and anti-cancer properties. These are present in abundance in this spice.
- Benefits heart: Mango helps control cholesterol. It also controls blood pressure. Thus, this spice improves heart health.
- Boosts metabolism: The healing chemical properties in this spice boost the processing and absorption of food in the blood. This increased food processing aids weight loss.
Amchur is an incredible and delicious spice that you must have!