How to cut a mango?
Lately, the world has been witnessing a change in eating habits. People have now started eating healthy, locally produced, naturally grown products.
Mangoes are a delicious and versatile fruit that can be enjoyed in many ways. One of the most popular ways to eat mangoes is by cutting them into slices.
Cutting a mango can be easy, but using the right technique is important to avoid wasting fruit.
Many people are adopting vegetarian and vegan diets. As a result, more and more people are now eating fruits and veggies.
For a world that has always been non-vegetarian, selecting, storing, chopping, and cooking veggies and fruits is difficult.
How to Cut a mango is not a skill; it is easy.
Also, many Western countries have recently discovered various Asian fruits.
One such fruit is the tropical fruit.
We are here to aid you in learning how to cut this delicious fruit step by step.
How to Cut a Mango
Before we get to the chopping part, let's look at a few important things about selecting and storing this delicious fruit.
- Rinse the mango under cold water.
- Touch can tell you if your fruit is ripe or not. The touch of a ripe aam is similar to a ripe pear or avocado.
- You can feel the pulp or the flesh of a ripe mango.
- Colour does not tell if your fruit is ripe. The colour of the fruit can be controlled. A chemical called carbide is used to ripen the fruit.
- This fruit turns ripe at room temperature. You don't require anything special.
- Don't spray the fruit with water or clean it when it is turning ripe.
- Store your fruit in a fridge if it has aged too much.
- Always keep your Aam in a dry place that is off the light.
- Stand the mango upright on a cutting board.
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the top and bottom of the mango.
- Cut the mango in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh from the mango pit.
- Cut the flesh into slices or cubes.
- Enjoy the Cut Mango
Cutting a mango
To chop your fruit, you'll need a few things. They are:
- A sharp knife
- A paring knife
- A cutting board
You can have your fruit with or without the skin.
First, look at a few ways you can have this delicious fruit with the skin.
You don't necessarily have to cut this fruit to enjoy it. Hold the fruit horizontally across a firm surface, preferably a table or kitchen table.
Roll your fruit while gently squeezing it. It helps loosen the pulp and makes it easier to enjoy this fruit.
Use a paring knife to chop the stem off the fruit. Gently squeeze out the sticky gum from the fruit.
There is little gum in the fruit, to begin with. So, you don't want to squeeze hard.
How to Cut an Aam
Once you have squeezed the gum, you can have the pulp directly from the fruit by sucking on it.
You can also squeeze the pulp out in a bowl before enjoying it.
Another way of enjoying this fruit is by chopping it. On a cutting board, place your fruit.
Holding the fruit firmly, cut it lengthwise using a sharp knife. Make sure you cut around the seed and not on the seed.
Making cuts around the seed makes it simpler to cut. You will now get long slices of fruit.
You can make dice these slices or make smaller slices. Use a paring knife to remove the fruit's skin if you wish to.
How to cut a mango into cubes
If you want designer cubes, it is very easy to cut; keep your Aam straight at 90 degrees, make the straight marking line, and cut similar-sized lines perpendicular to the other lines.
Now, you need to create a cross-to-cross type.
Be careful not to cut through the Aam skin.
Score the two smaller sides similarly for slices or cubes.
And now your yummy fruit cubes are ready.
India is the biggest supplier of Aam globally. Of the 25 million tons of Aam produced globally, India produces 14 million.
Thus, India contributes to the total production by 56 %
Of the 14 million tons produced, 60,000 tons are exported.
In India, there are more than a thousand varieties of this fruit. Out of these, Alphonso is the best variant.
All love this variant, whether a baby or an older adult. Everyone in India and abroad loves this type of Aam.
Aam is a seasonal fruit. It is available in markets for a short period. Thus, it costs a big buck.
Many sellers loot their customers because of the limited season of this fruit.
Thus, you must buy this fruit from a seller you trust. You can also buy this fruit online.
But make sure you read the terms and policies of the website carefully.
If you buy from a website for the first time, place a pay-on-delivery order. It will ensure that your money is well-spent.
We offer the best naturally ripened Aam.
Spiral Shape Cut
You can also cut the mango into a spiral shape. To do this:
- Stand the mango upright on a cutting board.
- Cut off the top and bottom of the mango.
- Cut the mango lengthwise into thin slices.
Starting at one end, carefully peel away the slices from the pit. The slices will form a spiral shape.
No matter how you choose to cut it, mango is a delicious and nutritious fruit enjoyed by people worldwide.
Here are some additional tips for cutting a mango:
- Use a sharp knife to prevent the mango flesh from sticking to the knife.
- Cut the mango in a cool place to prevent the flesh from browning.
- If you do not eat the mango immediately, you can store the cut fruit in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.