It's a lovely Indian dessert with fresh Indian mango flavor. This is a delicious dessert made from fresh mango, ghee, and sugar and garnished with nuts.
It is hard to stay away from mangoes during the season, and those with a sweet tooth should try this recipe for sure!
It tastes excellent with Alfonso mango, but you may use any other variety of mango. This halwa is a real treat for mango lovers.
It contains sugar; you can use jaggery also. You'd need wheat or farina's needle or Rava and mango puree.
Throw it together for a quick snack or dessert made in just 30 minutes.
1 cup semolina
Add jaggery or, single sugar cup
Two tablespoons ghee or oil
1 cup milk - 250 ml milk
5 cup of water
3-4 green cardamom
Pomegranate. (You may avoid it).
Mango Halwa Recipe
The following is a step by step guide to making a tasty halwa.
- Powder your cardamom.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, add some ghee.
- Roast some Rava until its color changes to a light brown, and you get a lovely scent.
- In a pan, add dry fruit and roast continuously. You may also fry cashews.
- We heat the water separately.
- Add this hot semolina and a mixture of dried fruit. Mix it.
- Add milk. Then add sugar. Mix regularly on medium flame.
- Semolina swells by absorbing water and milk.
- Stir frequently as the mixture will stick if you don't.
- In the pan, add the mango pulp.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron, then add ghee. Then cook for some time.
- Sprinkle mango halwa with extra roasted cashews or pomegranate grains.
- Serve mango halwa hot, steamed, or cold.
Enjoy this recipe during the mango season.